Monday, August 18, 2014

Stretch Your Stamps - Day 6

I'm back with another card for the Stretch Your Stamps 2 class. If you've been following, you'll notice that I skipped a few lessons and jumped from day 2 to day 6.  Tee hee!  There's no reprimand from the teachers for doing that! Donna's lesson using Distress Inks and water caught my eye so I thought I would give that one a whirl.

P1230684c

The flower image was white embossed and Distress Inks were used on the background and I used water to remove some of the colour from the flower petals.  It's very subtle but great for CAS cards.

P1230687c

The sentiment was gold embossed and I splattered some Heidi Swap Gold Color Shine over the piece. This was attached to the card front which was white embossed with Hero Arts Tiny Flags stamp.

Off to make another project.  I wonder what day will be next?  Stay tuned!




7 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous from the embossed background to the DI background to the gold splatters to the saying!

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautifully done, Sue! I love this card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty! The gold looks awesome with those blue and green shades of color :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sue, this is really beautiful! Love those pretty colors with the gold!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic job with that technique ... gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a pretty card Sue, those colours are gorgeous, perfect with the gold, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I recognized the technique right away, Sue! Well done! I love the blue/green color combo!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are very much appreciated!